Our Aeolian-Skinner Pipe Organ
Our church has a strong tradition of music, and one of its most outstanding features is our pipe organ. Built by the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company of Boston, MA, this organ replaced the original 1903 Hook and Hastings tracker organ. Work was begun in 1948. The organ was completed in 1952. It is a two manual, 27 rank organ with 24 stops, electro-pneumatic action, and 1620 pipes. All the speaking pipes are located behind a screen. The visible zinc pipes are from the old organ. Following traditional procedure for any fine pipe organ, this Aeolian-Skinner was designed, built and voiced for the acoustics of this church. It is truly a custom made instrument.
The church owes a debt of gratitude to Frank B. Campbell who was the organist from 1914 to 1978. Without his vision, we would not have this fine, historic organ. Frank spent several years studying and planning the organ in collaboration with G. Donald Harrison, president of the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company, and Robert Noehren, organist of the University of Michigan.